CSS Stylist
Contributor
Sep 5, 2021
phcityhype.com.ng
N-Token
₮5,280.00
Super Thanks
₦0.00000
Good evening guys, please I need the minds on this great forum, so I've been trying to perfect this code, but it won't work😓.

The problem is, it tags normally to wp-content/date etc and also registers it to the media library, but in the course of doing so, it removes the song cover art and also throws an error

There has been a critical error on this website.

Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.

Here's the code snippet in the attachment

Attachments

• index.txt
    9.6 KB · Views: 15

Pedro

Forum Admin
Staff member
Trusted Uploader
Contributor
Aug 21, 2021
Genesis Forum
storefront.com.ng
N-Token
₮109,030.63
Super Thanks
₦1,006.30550
I also experience same thing recently
Use this mp3 Tagger plugin and save yourself the stress. 100% of the work is done. All you have to do is subscribe to your favorite plan and tag any mp3 easily while creating posts.

Reactions: festusallasseh

Game Freak

Trusted Uploader
Contributor
Sep 14, 2021
N-Token
₮2,005.00
Super Thanks
₦0.00000
Good evening guys, please I need the minds on this great forum, so I've been trying to perfect this code, but it won't work😓.

The problem is, it tags normally to wp-content/date etc and also registers it to the media library, but in the course of doing so, it removes the song cover art and also throws an error

There has been a critical error on this website.

Learn more about troubleshooting WordPress.

Here's the code snippet in the attachment
Did you switch php version to 7.4?

festusallasseh

Trusted Uploader
CSS Stylist
Contributor
Sep 5, 2021
phcityhype.com.ng
N-Token
₮5,280.00
Super Thanks
₦0.00000
Screenshot_20241004-134120.png
Screenshot_20241004-133838.png
Screenshot_20241004-133923.png

The first image is when insert the song details for tagging, then the second image is when the tagger fires, instead of returning a successful response or whatsoever it returns an error response, then the third image is when I click on add media from the post page, it shows the song has been uploaded and registered to my wp media.

Issue I'm having with the code is; the response and also it fails to attach the cover art.

Attachments

• ultra.zip
    381.5 KB · Views: 11

Pedro

Forum Admin
Staff member
Trusted Uploader
Contributor
Aug 21, 2021
Genesis Forum
storefront.com.ng
N-Token
₮109,030.63
Super Thanks
₦1,006.30550
That's not all, there's always a /getid3 folder
Since there are other files, they should be checked. The lack of sufficient error message will make it difficult for you. Try and work on that.

That said, based on the code you provided, I have the following recommendations:

* work on the error handling.

* Validate and sanitize inputs for security reasons.

* in your form fields, properly escape data to avoid XSS exploitation /attacks.

* etc

These are not the cause, just a general recommendation.

If you're using a script, check if it has updates.

festusallasseh

Trusted Uploader
CSS Stylist
Contributor
Sep 5, 2021
phcityhype.com.ng
N-Token
₮5,280.00
Super Thanks
₦0.00000
Since there are other files, they should be checked. The lack of sufficient error message will make it difficult for you. Try and work on that.

That said, based on the code you provided, I have the following recommendations:

* work on the error handling.

* Validate and sanitize inputs for security reasons.

* in your form fields, properly escape data to avoid XSS exploitation /attacks.

* etc

These are not the cause, just a general recommendation.

If you're using a script, check if it has updates.
I've attached the full script in my previous comment

Pedro

Forum Admin
Staff member
Trusted Uploader
Contributor
Aug 21, 2021
Genesis Forum
storefront.com.ng
N-Token
₮109,030.63
Super Thanks
₦1,006.30550
I've attached the full script in my previous comment
I just took a glance, you're using the general php/getid3 method to edit mp3 and add voice tag. While I don't obviously have the time to edit all files and implement the security features I outlined, I'll highlight things to note:

1. The system you're using is not the ideal method. It's manageable if you want to change only the metadata of the mp3. But if you want to include voice tag, don't waste your time. It won't work well. Most browsers won't even play the main mp3 or voice tag, depending on which comes first.

2. All the php mp3 tagger getid3 scripts online, even the ones on this forum using getid3+php, aren't recommended, especially if you're involving voice tags. That's why people keep having issues. Even the plugin I created for it, I clearly warned against using voice tag as first position (in case browsers choose to play only first file, it won't affect the main mp3). But it's OK for editing metadata.

3. If you still want to use getid3, then you should take your time to implement and solidify the error handling and security. Also ensure the versions are recent. If it's a script, most have been abandoned. I recently helped a client upgrade one. Sadly, I can't share as it's confidential. So, it's advisable to settle down and go through each file.

Pedro

Forum Admin
Staff member
Trusted Uploader
Contributor
Aug 21, 2021
Genesis Forum
storefront.com.ng
N-Token
₮109,030.63
Super Thanks
₦1,006.30550
Thing is I'm only utilizing the getid3 library to overwrite the tags, I was using a third-party script for the voice tag(Mehmitag), but it is no longer in service
I know, it's obvious. Getid3 only works well for editing metadata. Using php + getid3 only (which is basically what almost all the php scripts online use) is not recommended for voice tag. Also, most of these scripts use old getid3 library. You should update it and still check for flaws.

festusallasseh

Trusted Uploader
CSS Stylist
Contributor
Sep 5, 2021
phcityhype.com.ng
N-Token
₮5,280.00
Super Thanks
₦0.00000
I know, it's obvious. Getid3 only works well for editing metadata. Using php + getid3 only (which is basically what almost all the php scripts online use) is not recommended for voice tag. Also, most of these scripts use old getid3 library. You should update it and still check for flaws.
Please share the latest library if you have them, thank you

Pedro

Forum Admin
Staff member
Trusted Uploader
Contributor
Aug 21, 2021
Genesis Forum
storefront.com.ng
N-Token
₮109,030.63
Super Thanks
₦1,006.30550
Thing is I'm only utilizing the getid3 library to overwrite the tags, I was using a third-party script for the voice tag(Mehmitag), but it is no longer in service
I suspect they were using software like ffmpeg, avconv, MEcoder, etc. These softwares are resource intensive. Most I know of offering services that depend on them are no longer in service. The server cost, maintenance. Yet some clients will still complain it's expensive. 🤔

Some providers I know of were suspended for abusing resources.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks