Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community
Answer Questions and Become an Expert on Your Topic
Our Experts are Ready to Answer your Questions
v19.4 - October 25th, 2022
Yoast SEO Premium 19.4 is out now. In this release, we’ve improved our Premium analysis with a new check for site titles. We’ve also added a new option to the crawl settings to manage the crawling of internal site search URLs. Plus, we’ve added several enhancements, fixes, and other improvements. Check it out! Read more about what’s new in Yoast SEO Premium 19.4 in our release post in English or our release post in Spanish!
Introduces a new toggle in the Crawl Cleanup settings to redirect “pretty” URLs for searches ( /search/term/ ) to the raw format (/?s=term).
Introduces the title assessment, which detects if the post is missing a title.
Fixes a bug where screen options added by a plugin to the Redirects page would not be working correctly.
Fixes a bug where the copy of the notice in the related links block would be hardly visible when using a dark theme.
Bumps the Yoast SEO minimum required version to 19.9.
Ensures the permalink cleanup help article link opens in a new tab.
Moves Zapier instructions to the post publish sidebar.
v19.3 - September 20th, 2022
Today, we’re releasing Yoast SEO Premium 19.3. We’ve rolled out some general enhancements, bug fixes, and security improvements in this release. Update now! Read more about what’s new in Yoast SEO Premium 19.3 in our release post in English or our release post in Spanish!
Adds an option to prevent the crawling of site search pages.
Adds an option to prevent the crawling of /wp-json/.
Fixes a bug where the get_suggestions method would also return unrelated post types when you passed a post_type parameter.
Yoast SEO Premium 19.1 is out today! We’re introducing another new feature in this release: the front-end SEO Inspector. It’s a tool that lets you check your SEO settings and metadata, right from the front-end of your website. Try it out! And read more about what’s new in Yoast SEO Premium 19.1 in our release post in English or our release post in Spanish!
- Adds the new front-end SEO inspector to Yoast SEO. Browse your website on the front-end and see at a glance the Yoast SEO analyses scores and Schema output of your posts and pages.
- Adds an edit button next to certain assessments when they show an orange or red bullet. Clicking the icon takes you to the field that needs to be edited in order to turn the bullet green (e.g. the keyphrase input field for the Keyphrase length assessment). The buttons are also added to the related keyphrase analysis.
- Excludes the Table of Contents block from the SEO and readability analysis.
- Replaces the Zapier icon with the Yoast icon in the Classic editor publish widget.
- Improves the readability analysis for English by adding a word complexity assessment. This assessment provides a score based on how many complex words you’ve used in your text. Highlight complex words and replace them with words that are easier to understand! This feature is in beta, so we welcome your feedback!
- Fixes a bug where the keyphrase distribution assessment errors, or fails to mark the found keyphrases in the text, when using keyphrases that include some regular expression control characters, for example brackets.
- Sets the minimum required Yoast SEO version to 19.3.
v18.8 - June 28th, 2022
In Yoast SEO Premium 18.8, we’re expanding our recently introduced crawl settings with search spam blockers and URL parameters cleanup. In addition, we’re adding an integration with IndexNow to instantly ping search engines like Microsoft Bing whenever you publish or update content. Check it out! Read more about what’s new in Yoast SEO Premium 18.8 in our release post in English or our release post in Spanish!
- Enhances the Crawl settings with new features which allow filtering out long phrases, emojis, special characters and other patterns from searches, to prevent search spam.
- Enhances the Crawl settings with new features which allow filtering out campaign tracking and unregistered parameters from URLs, to redirect visitors and crawlers to the cleaned-up permalink.
- Adds a feature that allows pinging IndexNow to make sure newly published and/or changed URLs are indexed by Bing, Yandex, Seznam and other search engines more rapidly.
- Bumps minimum required Free version to 19.2.
v18.7 = June 14th, 2022
In Yoast SEO Premium 18.7, we’re expanding our recently introduced crawl settings. These features will let you turn off different things WordPress automatically adds to your site. Hardly anyone uses these, but these do add overhead to your site. You now have much more control over what you want search engines to crawl on your WordPress site. Check it out! Read more about what’s new in Yoast SEO Premium 18.7 in our release post in English or our release post in Spanish!
- Adds a series of features to remove unneeded links and content from a site’s <head> section.
- Adds more settings to disable the global feed, all the Atom/RDF feeds and the feeds for comments, post authors, categories, tags, custom taxonomies, post types and search results.
- Improves the accuracy of the Keyphrase in slug assessment by recognizing different word forms of hyphenated keyphrases in the slug (e.g. if keyphrase is ex-husband and slug is ex-husbands).
- Fixes a bug where the term SEO title and meta description would not be exported.
- Sets the minimum required version of Yoast SEO to 19.1.
Meet Yoast SEO Premium 18.5: This release includes some changes to make the Premium plugin work well with the new First-time configuration and some more fixes and enhancements to enjoy! Read more about what’s new in Yoast SEO Premium 18.5 in our release post in English or our release post in Spanish!
Fixes a bug where a regex redirection would be created without a leading slash.
Fixes a bug where the thank you page would not be fully visible on certain screen widths.
Sets the minimum required version of Yoast SEO to 18.9.
v18.4 = April 19th, 2022
Meet Yoast SEO Premium 18.4: a small Yoast SEO update, fixing a number of bugs, including several bugs related to the Wincher integration. With the Wincher integration, you can track the rankings of your articles in the search results. If you haven’t checked that feature out, please do so! We’ve also improved compatibility with PHP 8.1. Read more about what’s new in Yoast SEO Premium 18.4 in our release post in English or our release post in Spanish!
Sets the minimum required version of Yoast SEO to 18.6.
Improves PHP 8.1 compatibility by preventing some deprecation warnings.
Prevents an unnecessary PHP warning when installing the free version of the plugin and the destination folder is not writable.
Say hi to Yoast SEO Premium 18.3! You’ll find a number of fixes and enhancements. We’ve also included more improvements to the rebuild of the AIOSEO importer, and we fixed a bug that prohibited us to display the text in the estimated reading time block in the site language. Happy updating! Read more about what’s new in Yoast SEO Premium 18.3 in our release post in English or our release post in Spanish!
- Fixes a bug where the word ‘minute/minutes’ would be in the user language, instead of the site language, for the estimated reading time block in the frontend.
- Fixes a bug where Yoast modals would close after opening after editing content in Elementor.
- Sets the minimum required Yoast SEO version to 18.5.
- Sets the minimum required WordPress version to 5.8.