Ask Questions and Get Answers from Our Community
Answer Questions and Become an Expert on Your Topic
Our Experts are Ready to Answer your Questions
v18.7 = June 14th, 2022
In Yoast SEO Premium 18.7, we’re expanding our recently introduced crawl settings. These features will let you turn off different things WordPress automatically adds to your site. Hardly anyone uses these, but these do add overhead to your site. You now have much more control over what you want search engines to crawl on your WordPress site. Check it out! Read more about what’s new in Yoast SEO Premium 18.7 in our release post in English or our release post in Spanish!
- Adds a series of features to remove unneeded links and content from a site’s <head> section.
- Adds more settings to disable the global feed, all the Atom/RDF feeds and the feeds for comments, post authors, categories, tags, custom taxonomies, post types and search results.
- Improves the accuracy of the Keyphrase in slug assessment by recognizing different word forms of hyphenated keyphrases in the slug (e.g. if keyphrase is ex-husband and slug is ex-husbands).
- Fixes a bug where the term SEO title and meta description would not be exported.
- Sets the minimum required version of Yoast SEO to 19.1.
Meet Yoast SEO Premium 18.5: This release includes some changes to make the Premium plugin work well with the new First-time configuration and some more fixes and enhancements to enjoy! Read more about what’s new in Yoast SEO Premium 18.5 in our release post in English or our release post in Spanish!
Fixes a bug where a regex redirection would be created without a leading slash.
Fixes a bug where the thank you page would not be fully visible on certain screen widths.
Sets the minimum required version of Yoast SEO to 18.9.
v18.4 = April 19th, 2022
Meet Yoast SEO Premium 18.4: a small Yoast SEO update, fixing a number of bugs, including several bugs related to the Wincher integration. With the Wincher integration, you can track the rankings of your articles in the search results. If you haven’t checked that feature out, please do so! We’ve also improved compatibility with PHP 8.1. Read more about what’s new in Yoast SEO Premium 18.4 in our release post in English or our release post in Spanish!
Sets the minimum required version of Yoast SEO to 18.6.
Improves PHP 8.1 compatibility by preventing some deprecation warnings.
Prevents an unnecessary PHP warning when installing the free version of the plugin and the destination folder is not writable.
Say hi to Yoast SEO Premium 18.3! You’ll find a number of fixes and enhancements. We’ve also included more improvements to the rebuild of the AIOSEO importer, and we fixed a bug that prohibited us to display the text in the estimated reading time block in the site language. Happy updating! Read more about what’s new in Yoast SEO Premium 18.3 in our release post in English or our release post in Spanish!
- Fixes a bug where the word ‘minute/minutes’ would be in the user language, instead of the site language, for the estimated reading time block in the frontend.
- Fixes a bug where Yoast modals would close after opening after editing content in Elementor.
- Sets the minimum required Yoast SEO version to 18.5.
- Sets the minimum required WordPress version to 5.8.
v18.1 - February 22nd, 2022
Yoast SEO Premium 18.1 is out today! This release includes more fixes and enhancements to enjoy. We’ve improved word form recognition for the Turkish language. Happy optimizing! Read more about what’s new in Yoast SEO 18.1
- The Facebook and Twitter Preview now uses an image instead of a background image.
- Improves stemming of Turkish word forms with an apostrophe.
- Solidifies auto-redirect generation by not generating a redirect when updating a post from, or to, a non-public post status.
- Fixes a bug where publishing a post in a secondary language in Polylang would generate an automatic redirect.
- Fixes a bug where the Zapier integration would show both connected and not connected messages.
- Fixes a bug where selecting .htaccess/Web Server as redirect method would to potentially dangerous outcomes on multisite.
- Sets the minimum required Yoast SEO version to 18.2.
v18.0 - February 8th, 2022
Yoast SEO Premium 18.0 is out today! This new release brings another round of bug fixes, plus a new way for us to handle the translations in our plugin — leading to a smaller plugin size for you to install. Plus: improved compatibility with WordPress 5.9.
- Switches from packaged script translations to those from wordpress.org in order to reduce ZIP size and disk usage.
- Sets WooCommerce tested up to version to 6.1.
- Sets the WordPress tested up to version to 5.9.
- Sets the minimum required Yoast SEO version to 18.1.
v17.9 - January 11th, 2022
Yoast SEO 17.9 is now available! Yoast SEO now comes with a keyphrase tracking tool powered by Wincher that lets you monitor your keyphrases, straight from the plugin! Make sure to try out this new keyphrase tracking feature and let us know what you think. Read more about what’s new in Yoast SEO 17.9 in our release post in English or our release post in Spanish!
- Introduces word form support for Japanese.
- Fixes a bug where a fatal error would be thrown when trying to retrieve the URL of a non-existing taxonomy.
- Replaces the workout assistant images in the Cornerstone and Orphaned workout.
- Bumps minimum required Free version to 17.9.
v17.8 Release Date: December 14th, 2021
Yoast SEO 17.8 is out now and ready for you to download. In this release, we fix a number of bugs and added a few enhancements for you to enjoy! Read more about what’s new in Yoast SEO 17.8 in our release post in English or our release post in Spanish!
Improves the user direction in the configuration workout.
Adds a sleep interval to the WP CLI index command to limit server load while this command is running. Props to roborourke.
Fixes a bug where on small screens the advanced setting’s search engine follow checkbox would have a misplaced center.
Fixes a bug where the styling of the introduction dialog in Elementor would be broken due to changes in Elementor.
Fixes a bug where the reading time functionality for languages other than English would incorrectly output English reading speed values.
Fixes a bug where certain text strings in the Google, Facebook and Twitter previews would not be translated.
Fixes a bug where the state of indexation was not persisted when switching between workouts and the workouts page.
Fixes a bug where the Workouts page wouldn’t display translations.
Fixes some styling issues in the configuration workout.
Prevents SEO managers from changing the site description in the configuration workout.
Optimizes and compresses several .png images to reduce their size. Props to lowwebtech.