Posted on Leave a comment

Peggy Ovire Responds After Frederick Leonard Says He’s ‘Happier Than Ever’

Peggy Ovire Responds After Frederick Leonard Says He's 'Happier Than Ever'

Nollywood actress Peggy Ovire has finally broken her silence following her estranged husband Frederick Leonard’s recent birthday declaration that he is now happier than ever before. The actor took to Instagram on Friday to share a reflective post, noting that every chapter of his life brings a testimony and stating, ‘I’m happier now than ever.’ His post quickly went viral, amassing over 63,000 reactions and reigniting public curiosity about the couple’s relationship status.

In response, Peggy posted a fresh photo of herself on Saturday, accompanied by a powerful caption: ‘God did it. I choose me!’ She also replied to a fan’s comment, emphasizing that God has restored her peace and life. These statements come just months after she removed Frederick’s name from her social media bio in January, fueling divorce rumors.

This birthday marks Frederick’s first since their separation, and Peggy’s recent comments suggest she is focusing on self-care and moving forward. The actress’s words have been interpreted as a direct response to her husband’s claims of happiness, highlighting her own journey toward healing and independence.

Posted on Leave a comment

Portable Alleges Carter Efe’s Celebrity Boxing Win Was Rigged to Dodge N23 Billion Betting Payout

Portable Alleges Carter Efe's Celebrity Boxing Win Was Rigged to Dodge N23 Billion Betting Payout

Controversial Nigerian singer Portable has sparked fresh debate by accusing organizers of fixing the celebrity boxing match between him and Carter Efe. According to Portable, the outcome was designed to prevent a massive N23 billion payout to bettors who backed him.

The musician made these allegations after facing widespread mockery on social media following his defeat. The event, held in Lagos, saw Carter Efe, a popular streamer, emerge victorious and claim a N50 million cash prize. Official scores showed Carter Efe leading 30-27.

In an Instagram video on Sunday, Portable argued that the judges favored Carter Efe deliberately. He claimed that if he had won, betting companies would owe approximately N17 million in dollars, equivalent to N23 billion, an amount no organizer could afford to pay. He described his opponent’s punches as weak and accused the referee of bias.

Portable also revealed financial details, stating he received N40 million upfront for the fight, with an additional N5 million for promoting the match on social media. He insisted that he pioneered celebrity boxing in Nigeria, having previously defeated Speed Darlington and Charles Okocha in 2025.

The singer dismissed the mockery from colleagues, asserting his unique influence and calling himself a king among chiefs. He urged critics to innovate rather than follow his pattern. Despite the defeat, Portable maintains his belief in himself and his fans, claiming divine backing.

Posted on Leave a comment

Eniola Badmus Calls Out Funke Akindele for Celebrity Boxing Match: ‘Money Must Be Made’

Eniola Badmus Calls Out Funke Akindele for Celebrity Boxing Match: 'Money Must Be Made'

Nollywood actress Eniola Badmus has publicly invited Funke Akindele to step into the boxing ring for a celebrity fight, citing financial motivation. The challenge comes hot on the heels of Carter Efe’s victory over Portable in a widely publicized boxing event.

Carter Efe secured a win against Portable last Friday, walking away with a whopping N50 million prize. Following this, Lagos-based socialite E-Money added N50 million to celebrate Carter’s triumph. Prior to the match, talent manager and music executive Soso Soberekon had donated N40 million each to both Carter and Portable.

Now, Badmus is looking to capitalize on the trend. In a post on her Instagram page that has gone viral, she directly challenged Akindele to a duel. She wrote, ‘Funke Akindele, let’s get on the boxing ring. It’s about time. Soso, E-Money, let’s get to it. No time. Money has to be made.’

The challenge underscores the growing interest in celebrity boxing matches in Nigeria, which have become lucrative ventures attracting significant sponsorship and public attention.

Posted on Leave a comment

APC Chieftain Sani Danladi Steps Down from Taraba North Senate Race

APC Chieftain Sani Danladi Steps Down from Taraba North Senate Race

Senator Sani Abubakar Danladi, a former governorship aspirant under the All Progressives Congress (APC), has announced his withdrawal from the 2027 senatorial contest for Taraba North. The decision was revealed in a statement released on Sunday, where he cited evolving political circumstances in the constituency and a desire to foster party cohesion as primary motivations.

In his statement, Danladi thanked APC members and supporters who had encouraged his candidacy, acknowledging their trust in his leadership. He emphasized that his choice to step aside was made after thorough deliberation and consultations, aiming to serve the party’s best interests.

Moving forward, Danladi intends to concentrate on his responsibilities as the coordinator of the Renewed Hope Ambassadors in Taraba State, a role through which he will continue advancing the APC’s agenda. He also voiced support for President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s re-election bid in 2027, alongside endorsing Agbu Kefas for Taraba’s governorship and other APC candidates in upcoming elections.

The APC stalwart urged party loyalists to remain united and dedicated to the party’s principles, expressing confidence that their collective efforts will yield positive outcomes. He called for collaborative work toward the APC’s sustained success and Nigeria’s broader progress, highlighting his optimism about the party’s future.

Posted on Leave a comment

Pantamiyyah Movement Opposes Gombe Consensus Plan

Pantamiyyah Movement Opposes Gombe Consensus Plan

The Pantamiyyah Movement has voiced strong opposition to what it describes as an imposed consensus arrangement for selecting candidates in Gombe State’s governorship race, calling the move a breach of electoral laws and internal party rules.

In a statement shared on the verified Facebook page of former Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Prof. Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami, and signed by Professor Suleiman Mohammed for his supporters, the group asserted that any legitimate consensus must involve all cleared aspirants voluntarily signing a written agreement. The movement highlighted that multiple aspirants have already purchased and submitted the required expression of interest and nomination forms, making unilateral decisions invalid.

Citing the Electoral Act 2022, the group reminded that political parties in Nigeria can only choose candidates through consensus or direct primaries. They emphasized that consensus is valid only if all aspirants consent in writing; if even one aspirant refuses, direct primaries must be held.

The Pantamiyyah Movement warned that the reported consensus plan contradicts party guidelines and the stance of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, potentially harming internal democracy. Nonetheless, they urged supporters to remain calm and law-abiding. The group stated they are preparing for direct primaries while their legal team reviews the situation, including allegations of irregularities in the party’s membership database in Gombe.

Posted on Leave a comment

PDP BoT Takes Over as Wabara Declares Nigerians Still Back Party for 2027

PDP BoT Takes Over as Wabara Declares Nigerians Still Back Party for 2027

Following a Supreme Court ruling that dissolved its National Working Committee, the Peoples Democratic Party’s Board of Trustees has officially taken charge of the party’s operations. This was announced by BoT Chairman Adolphus Wabara during the party’s 84th BoT meeting held on Sunday, May 3, 2026, emphasizing that the step was taken to avert any leadership void created by the court’s decision.

The Supreme Court’s judgment on April 30 invalidated the 2025 national convention, which had elected the NWC led by Kabiru Turaki. Wabara clarified that the BoT acted swiftly to stabilize the party structure, as permitted by the party’s constitution. He stated, “Our prompt action prevented a leadership vacuum after the verdict.”

Wabara also highlighted that the court upheld the suspension of the key organizers of the disputed convention in Abuja, thereby nullifying the entire exercise and its outcomes. Despite this legal blow, Wabara expressed confidence in the party’s ability to overcome internal issues and prepare for the 2027 general elections.

He revealed that the PDP continues to receive backing from members and stakeholders nationwide, interpreting this as ongoing public trust in the party. “These messages reinforce our determination to surmount challenges and spearhead the effort to rescue our country,” Wabara added. He further praised the dissolved NWC members for their dedication and service.

Wabara recalled that the party had earlier set timelines and processes for the convention through NEC meetings, and these plans were communicated to the relevant authorities before legal complications arose. He reiterated that the PDP is now concentrating on rebuilding its internal framework and repositioning itself for future electoral contests.

Posted on Leave a comment

Pantami’s Backers Reject APC’s Consensus Candidate for Gombe 2027

Pantami's Backers Reject APC's Consensus Candidate for Gombe 2027

The Pantamiyya Movement, a group backing former Minister Isa Pantami, has publicly opposed the selection of Jamilu Gwamna as the APC’s consensus candidate for the 2027 Gombe State governorship election. In a statement issued by its coordinator, Suleiman Mohammed, the movement labeled the decision as a clear case of injustice.

Mohammed argued that a genuine consensus cannot be reached without involving all aspirants who have already acquired their expression of interest and nomination forms. He asserted that the process contravenes the electoral act, party directives, and President Bola Tinubu’s instructions.

The coordinator called on supporters to remain peaceful and law-abiding, emphasizing that such disregard for legal provisions must not be overlooked. He detailed that according to the Nigeria Electoral Act 2026, political parties have only two legitimate methods for candidate selection: consensus, which requires all cleared aspirants to give written consent, or direct primaries, where all party members vote. The so-called coronation, he noted, does not qualify as a valid method.

Posted on Leave a comment

Labour Party Sets N50m Presidential Form Fee, Unveils Primary Election Timeline

Labour Party Sets N50m Presidential Form Fee, Unveils Primary Election Timeline

The Labour Party (LP) has officially announced the schedule for its primary elections leading up to the 2027 general elections. In a statement released on Sunday, the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Ken Asogwa, detailed the timeline and fee structure for aspirants.

According to the announcement, the combined cost for the presidential expression of interest and nomination forms has been set at N50 million. Specifically, aspirants must pay N10 million for the expression of interest form and N40 million for the nomination form.

The party has made provisions for women, youths aged 25 to 30, and persons with disabilities, who are only required to pay for the expression of interest forms across all categories. Additionally, Abia State Governor Alex Otti, who serves as the party’s National Leader, will receive both forms free of charge, a gesture recognizing his performance and contributions.

The sale of nomination forms is scheduled from May 6 to May 16, with submission of completed forms taking place on May 17 and 18. The fees for other positions are as follows: House of Assembly aspirants will pay N3 million, House of Representatives aspirants N5 million, Senate aspirants N10 million, and governorship aspirants N25 million.

Screening for House of Assembly and governorship aspirants is set for May 20, while National Assembly and presidential aspirants will be screened on May 22. Results will be published on May 23. Appeals and petitions for state-level positions will be heard on May 24, and for National Assembly and presidential aspirants on May 25, with the final list of cleared aspirants released on May 26.

Primaries for House of Assembly and governorship positions are scheduled for May 27, while those for National Assembly and presidential aspirants will be held on May 29. The party also urged prospective aspirants to complete their e-registration by midnight on May 4, ahead of the submission of the membership register to INEC.

Posted on Leave a comment

Presidential Aide Claims Peter Obi’s Party Exit Validates Tinubu’s Leadership

Presidential Aide Claims Peter Obi's Party Exit Validates Tinubu's Leadership

Olusegun Dada, President Bola Tinubu’s Special Assistant on Social Media, has weighed in on Peter Obi’s recent departure from the African Democratic Congress (ADC). In a bold statement, Dada asserted that the former presidential candidate’s decision to leave the party serves as a divine endorsement for Tinubu and the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Taking to his X account, Dada rejected accusations from opposition figures who had attempted to pin the internal discord within their ranks on the president. He emphasized that the unfolding events have proven the narrative false, describing the situation as a moment of vindication from God. “Their efforts to blame President Bola Ahmed Tinubu for their internal strife have backfired, as God has once again justified him and the APC,” Dada wrote.

Peter Obi, in his resignation announcement, had alleged that infiltrators aligned with the Nigerian state were responsible for the turmoil in his previous party, the Labour Party, and suggested similar elements were now targeting the ADC. However, Dada’s remarks frame Obi’s exit as a clear sign of divine support for the ruling party, dismissing any claims of presidential interference.

Posted on Leave a comment

Gombe APC Drops Pantami, Picks Gwamna as Consensus Candidate

Gombe APC Drops Pantami, Picks Gwamna as Consensus Candidate

The All Progressives Congress in Gombe State has selected Dr. Jamilu Shaiyaku Gwamna as its consensus candidate for the governorship race in 2027, effectively sidelining former Communications Minister Isa Pantami.

This decision emerged from a high-level stakeholders’ meeting chaired by Governor Muhammadu Inuwa Yahaya, who serves as the state’s party leader. The gathering included aspirants for various offices, party officials, elders, and other key figures.

According to a statement from the governor’s spokesperson, Ismaila Uba Misilli, the consensus approach was driven by extensive consultations aimed at fostering unity and reducing internal conflicts. The party also adopted candidates for all legislative positions across the state.

For the Senate, the APC chose Mohammed Ahmadu Deba for Gombe Central, Jerry Damara for Gombe South, and Governor Inuwa Yahaya for Gombe North. In the House of Representatives, candidates include Usman Bello Kumo, Inuwa Garba, Ali Isa JC, Fatima Binta Bello, Saddam Bello, and Jamilu Shabewa for their respective constituencies.