Posted on Leave a comment

VeryDarkMan Ordered to Pay N30m for Defaming Mr Jollof’s Wife

VeryDarkMan Ordered to Pay N30m for Defaming Mr Jollof's Wife

A Federal High Court in Delta State has ruled against social media influencer VeryDarkMan, ordering him to compensate Mrs. Esinjemiyotan Uruneyonjuyei Atsepoyi, the wife of comedian Mr Jollof, with N30 million for defamation. The judgment, delivered by Justice R. Harriman on May 13, 2026, comes after VeryDarkMan publicly accused her of infidelity with politicians and internet fraudsters, claiming she helped her husband obtain a political position in Delta State.

The controversy began in September 2024 during an online feud between VeryDarkMan and Mr Jollof. In response to VeryDarkMan’s allegations, Mr Jollof countered by calling VeryDarkMan a poorly raised individual from a broken home. Mrs. Atsepoyi subsequently initiated a N500 million defamation suit against VeryDarkMan, seeking redress for the damage to her reputation.

During the proceedings, VeryDarkMan failed to provide any evidence to substantiate his claims. Consequently, the court ordered him to pay N20 million in general damages and an additional N10 million in aggravated damages. Furthermore, the judge mandated that VeryDarkMan issue a public apology within 14 days, which must be published in two national newspapers and across all his social media platforms, retracting the defamatory statements made on September 15, 16, and early on September 19, 2024.

In his ruling, Justice Harriman emphasized that the words were clearly defamatory and actionable per se, citing previous legal precedents. He also imposed a permanent injunction restraining VeryDarkMan from making any further defamatory publications against the claimant. The decision underscores the serious repercussions of online defamation and the legal protections afforded to individuals against false accusations.

Posted on Leave a comment

Remo Stars Will Avoid Relegation, Says Abd’Allah

Remo Stars Will Avoid Relegation, Says Abd’Allah

Remo Stars’ technical adviser, Usman Abd’Allah, has expressed firm belief that his squad will secure their place in the Nigeria Premier Football League (NPFL) for the next season. The team, which claimed the league title last year, now finds itself battling to stay among the elite clubs in Nigerian football.

A narrow 2-1 victory over Bayelsa United in Ikenne on Sunday lifted the Sky Blue Stars out of the relegation zone. However, their destiny remains uncertain as they head into the final match of the campaign. To guarantee survival, they must defeat Bendel Insurance in their last fixture.

Abd’Allah, who previously served as an assistant coach for the Super Eagles, remains optimistic despite the pressure. “We have to put in maximum effort to score because nothing less than a win will do. We cannot be counted out. With God’s help, we will travel there, secure all three points, and avoid relegation,” he told the club’s media channel.

Remo Stars’ situation is a stark contrast to their recent success, having lifted their first NPFL title less than a year ago. Now, they face the real threat of dropping to the Nigeria National League (NNL) if results do not go their way.

The team’s fate hinges on the final day, where they must deliver a commanding performance to ensure top-flight football returns to Ikenne next season.

Posted on Leave a comment

Arumala Tops NPFL Stars Called Up for Nigeria’s Unity Cup Squad

Arumala Tops NPFL Stars Called Up for Nigeria’s Unity Cup Squad

Joseph Arumala, a forward for Ikorodu City, is the most notable name among the domestic league players selected for Nigeria’s Unity Cup campaign, as confirmed by sources. The Super Eagles head coach, Éric Chelle, has turned to the Nigeria Premier Football League (NPFL) to bolster his roster for the upcoming tournament.

Arumala, who previously featured for Nigeria’s U-17 side, has been in excellent form this season, netting 13 goals for his club in the NPFL. His performances have not gone unnoticed, and he now leads a group of home-based talents who will join the national team setup.

According to reports from SCORENigeria, Ikorodu City will contribute three players in total to the squad. This is a significant recognition for the club, which has been making waves in the domestic league. Other NPFL sides also have representation, with Enugu Rangers providing two players, while both Rivers United and Shooting Stars each have one player in the selection.

The six players are currently in Abuja, where they are processing visa applications for travel to the United Kingdom, the host nation for the tournament. Coach Chelle, who has been scouting NPFL matches over recent weeks—attending three games in person—is expected to announce the complete squad later this week.

The Unity Cup semi-final will see Nigeria face Zimbabwe’s Warriors on Tuesday, May 26, at the Valley stadium in London. The inclusion of these home-based stars underscores Chelle’s intent to integrate domestic talent into the national team framework.

Posted on Leave a comment

2026/2027 Champions League: 19 Teams Already Through to League Phase

2026/2027 Champions League: 19 Teams Already Through to League Phase

With the 2026/2027 UEFA Champions League campaign on the horizon, nineteen clubs have already punched their tickets to the league phase, securing their spots via domestic league performances.

In the English Premier League, Arsenal, Manchester City, and Manchester United have guaranteed their participation after occupying the top three positions. The Premier League is expected to have at least five representatives, with a sixth possible if Aston Villa triumphs in the Europa League final.

Spain’s La Liga boasts five qualified sides: Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid, Real Betis, and Villarreal. From Germany, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, and RB Leipzig have booked their places.

Other confirmed entrants include Paris Saint-Germain and Lens from France, Feyenoord and PSV Eindhoven from the Netherlands, FC Porto from Portugal, Galatasaray from Turkey, Inter Milan from Italy, and Shakhtar Donetsk from Ukraine.

Posted on Leave a comment

Cesc Fabregas singles out Arsene Wenger as the finest coach he has ever worked with

Cesc Fabregas singles out Arsene Wenger as the finest coach he has ever worked with

Cesc Fabregas, currently at the helm of Como, has heaped praise on legendary Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, declaring him the greatest coach he has encountered throughout his career. The Spaniard made these remarks during an interview with El Partidazo de COPE, highlighting how Wenger placed his trust in him and provided unwavering support during their time together at the Emirates.

Reflecting on his experiences with various top-tier managers, Fabregas acknowledged the quality of Carlo Ancelotti, describing him as someone who prioritizes humanity before coaching. However, when pressed to choose the best, Fabregas did not hesitate: “Without a doubt, Arsene Wenger. He gave me everything—opportunities, belief, and confidence.”

The former midfielder, who has plied his trade for elite clubs such as Chelsea, Barcelona, and Arsenal, has been mentored by an array of footballing masterminds, including Antonio Conte, Pep Guardiola, and Jose Mourinho. Yet, it is Wenger who stands out as the most influential figure in his development.

Posted on Leave a comment

Man Utd End Interest in Bournemouth’s Iraola for Manager Role

Man Utd End Interest in Bournemouth's Iraola for Manager Role

Manchester United have officially decided against pursuing Andoni Iraola as their next permanent manager. The Bournemouth boss is set to leave the club when his contract expires at the end of the current campaign. Iraola, 43, attracted interest from several Premier League clubs, including Manchester United, Crystal Palace, and Chelsea, but United have now removed him from their list of candidates. According to the Daily Mail, the Spaniard is no longer being considered for the Old Trafford position.

Earlier this season, Manchester United parted ways with Ruben Amorim and appointed Michael Carrick as interim manager until the end of the campaign. Carrick has been in temporary charge and the club is now evaluating other options for the permanent role. Iraola’s impressive work at Bournemouth caught the eye of multiple teams, but United’s hierarchy have decided to look elsewhere.

Posted on Leave a comment

Man Utd Prioritize Carrick as Permanent Manager

Man Utd Prioritize Carrick as Permanent Manager

Manchester United have initiated discussions with interim manager Michael Carrick to become their full-time head coach, according to sources close to the club. The former midfielder has emerged as the frontrunner following an impressive stint in charge since taking over from Ruben Amorim in January.

Senior officials have rallied behind Carrick, and the issue is expected to be addressed at an executive committee meeting later this week. While the club maintains that no final decision has been made and other candidates remain under consideration, insiders reveal that Carrick is the preferred choice to lead the team into next season.

The 45-year-old has revitalized the squad, earning significant backing from the boardroom. Despite official denials of a done deal, the trajectory strongly suggests Carrick will be appointed permanently.

Posted on Leave a comment

Carlo Ancelotti Backs Jose Mourinho for Real Madrid Return

Carlo Ancelotti Backs Jose Mourinho for Real Madrid Return

Brazil’s head coach, Carlo Ancelotti, has expressed support for Jose Mourinho making a comeback as Real Madrid’s manager. In a conversation with The Athletic, Ancelotti stated that the 63-year-old Portuguese tactician is the ideal candidate to reestablish stability at the Santiago Bernabéu.

Mourinho is reportedly set to depart Benfica during the upcoming summer transfer window and is strongly linked with a return to Los Blancos. Ancelotti, who secured Real Madrid’s historic ‘La Decima’ Champions League trophy after taking over from Mourinho in 2013, remarked: “If he goes back to Real Madrid, I will be genuinely thrilled for him. He is capable of delivering an outstanding performance, as he has consistently done at every club he has managed.”

Posted on Leave a comment

Petit: Only Miracle Can Save Chelsea in FA Cup Final Against Man City

Petit: Only Miracle Can Save Chelsea in FA Cup Final Against Man City

Former France international Emmanuel Petit has delivered a stark verdict ahead of the FA Cup final, suggesting that Chelsea would need nothing short of a miracle to overcome Manchester City. Speaking exclusively to Boyle Sports, Petit highlighted the glaring disparity between the two sides, particularly in front of goal.

According to Petit, Chelsea have squandered numerous scoring opportunities throughout the season, lacking the killer instinct required at the highest level. In contrast, he described City as a ruthlessly efficient unit when chances arise.

“In a one-off final, anything is possible, but let’s be realistic,” Petit said. “City recently beat Chelsea with ease, and there was only one team on the pitch. Right now, it feels like any side can beat Chelsea, so why should City be any different? They control games, have world-class players, and enjoy a vastly superior atmosphere and environment.”

The 1998 World Cup winner expressed frustration with Chelsea’s inability to respond to adversity. “I’ve waited for a reaction from this team for months, but they’ve let me down repeatedly. They need to show pride and do what they’re paid for. They have failed collectively for weeks. A miracle is required, but I don’t see it happening because City are superior in every department.”

Petit’s comments underscore the mounting pressure on Chelsea’s squad as they prepare for the final showdown at Wembley.

Posted on Leave a comment

Flamingos Step Up Training for Crucial Guinea Clash

Flamingos Step Up Training for Crucial Guinea Clash

Nigeria’s U-17 women’s team, the Flamingos, have ramped up their training regimen as they gear up for the upcoming World Cup qualifier against Guinea. Under the guidance of head coach Akeem Busari, the squad relocated from Abuja to Ikenne on Sunday to refine their strategies and sharpen their skills. This move marks a significant phase in their preparation for the highly anticipated two-legged encounter.

As part of their buildup, the Flamingos are scheduled to play a friendly match against Lakeside Queens on Thursday at the Remo Stars Stadium practice pitch in Ikenne. This game is intended to test the team’s tactics and provide valuable match experience. During their initial training camp in Abuja, the side engaged in five friendlies, which helped the coaching staff assess player form and team cohesion.

The first leg of the qualifier is set for Sunday, May 24, in Conakry, Guinea, while the return fixture will take place at the Remo Stars Stadium in Ikenne a week later. The team is expected to play additional friendly matches before departing for Guinea, ensuring they are fully prepared for the challenge ahead. The Flamingos are determined to secure a spot in the 2026 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup, and these intense preparations reflect their commitment to success.