Posted on Leave a comment

Peggy Ovire Responds After Frederick Leonard Says He’s ‘Happier Than Ever’

Peggy Ovire Responds After Frederick Leonard Says He's 'Happier Than Ever'

Nollywood actress Peggy Ovire has finally broken her silence following her estranged husband Frederick Leonard’s recent birthday declaration that he is now happier than ever before. The actor took to Instagram on Friday to share a reflective post, noting that every chapter of his life brings a testimony and stating, ‘I’m happier now than ever.’ His post quickly went viral, amassing over 63,000 reactions and reigniting public curiosity about the couple’s relationship status.

In response, Peggy posted a fresh photo of herself on Saturday, accompanied by a powerful caption: ‘God did it. I choose me!’ She also replied to a fan’s comment, emphasizing that God has restored her peace and life. These statements come just months after she removed Frederick’s name from her social media bio in January, fueling divorce rumors.

This birthday marks Frederick’s first since their separation, and Peggy’s recent comments suggest she is focusing on self-care and moving forward. The actress’s words have been interpreted as a direct response to her husband’s claims of happiness, highlighting her own journey toward healing and independence.

Posted on Leave a comment

Portable Alleges Carter Efe’s Celebrity Boxing Win Was Rigged to Dodge N23 Billion Betting Payout

Portable Alleges Carter Efe's Celebrity Boxing Win Was Rigged to Dodge N23 Billion Betting Payout

Controversial Nigerian singer Portable has sparked fresh debate by accusing organizers of fixing the celebrity boxing match between him and Carter Efe. According to Portable, the outcome was designed to prevent a massive N23 billion payout to bettors who backed him.

The musician made these allegations after facing widespread mockery on social media following his defeat. The event, held in Lagos, saw Carter Efe, a popular streamer, emerge victorious and claim a N50 million cash prize. Official scores showed Carter Efe leading 30-27.

In an Instagram video on Sunday, Portable argued that the judges favored Carter Efe deliberately. He claimed that if he had won, betting companies would owe approximately N17 million in dollars, equivalent to N23 billion, an amount no organizer could afford to pay. He described his opponent’s punches as weak and accused the referee of bias.

Portable also revealed financial details, stating he received N40 million upfront for the fight, with an additional N5 million for promoting the match on social media. He insisted that he pioneered celebrity boxing in Nigeria, having previously defeated Speed Darlington and Charles Okocha in 2025.

The singer dismissed the mockery from colleagues, asserting his unique influence and calling himself a king among chiefs. He urged critics to innovate rather than follow his pattern. Despite the defeat, Portable maintains his belief in himself and his fans, claiming divine backing.

Posted on Leave a comment

Eniola Badmus Calls Out Funke Akindele for Celebrity Boxing Match: ‘Money Must Be Made’

Eniola Badmus Calls Out Funke Akindele for Celebrity Boxing Match: 'Money Must Be Made'

Nollywood actress Eniola Badmus has publicly invited Funke Akindele to step into the boxing ring for a celebrity fight, citing financial motivation. The challenge comes hot on the heels of Carter Efe’s victory over Portable in a widely publicized boxing event.

Carter Efe secured a win against Portable last Friday, walking away with a whopping N50 million prize. Following this, Lagos-based socialite E-Money added N50 million to celebrate Carter’s triumph. Prior to the match, talent manager and music executive Soso Soberekon had donated N40 million each to both Carter and Portable.

Now, Badmus is looking to capitalize on the trend. In a post on her Instagram page that has gone viral, she directly challenged Akindele to a duel. She wrote, ‘Funke Akindele, let’s get on the boxing ring. It’s about time. Soso, E-Money, let’s get to it. No time. Money has to be made.’

The challenge underscores the growing interest in celebrity boxing matches in Nigeria, which have become lucrative ventures attracting significant sponsorship and public attention.

Posted on Leave a comment

Jamie Redknapp: Arsenal to Win Premier League Title on Goal Difference

Jamie Redknapp: Arsenal to Win Premier League Title on Goal Difference

Former England international Jamie Redknapp has thrown his weight behind Arsenal in the Premier League title race, predicting they will edge out Manchester City on goal difference. Speaking on Sky Sports after Arsenal’s convincing 3-0 victory over Fulham on Saturday, Redknapp argued that Arsenal’s remaining fixtures give them a significant edge in the goal difference department.

Arsenal’s win moved them six points clear of City, who still have two games in hand. However, Redknapp believes the Gunners’ superior goal difference—boosted by their 3-0 triumph—will be the deciding factor if both teams win all their remaining matches. He highlighted Arsenal’s upcoming match against Burnley as a prime opportunity to further pad their goal difference.

“If Arsenal win all their games, I think they win the title—even if City do too—because of the goal difference they can rack up against Burnley,” Redknapp said. The former midfielder also noted that Arsenal have outscored City this season, extending their goal advantage by four after the Fulham win.

Redknapp’s prediction adds to the growing chorus of pundits backing Arsenal to finish top, with Paul Merson also recently stating that the title is Arsenal’s to lose. With City chasing and Arsenal leading on points and goal difference, the race could come down to the finest of margins.

Posted on Leave a comment

Victor Osimhen Dissects Galatasaray’s Heavy 4-1 Loss to Samsunspor

Victor Osimhen Dissects Galatasaray's Heavy 4-1 Loss to Samsunspor

Galatasaray’s Nigerian striker Victor Osimhen has reflected on the club’s disappointing 4-1 defeat at the hands of Samsunspor, acknowledging that their display fell well below expectations. Speaking after the match, the former Napoli star admitted that the team’s overall performance was subpar, which allowed the hosts to dominate at the Canik 19 May Stadium.

Osimhen, who set up Yunus Akgün for the opening goal in the ninth minute, saw the game slip away after a costly error. A misplaced back pass from the forward led to goalkeeper Günay Güvenç being sent off in the second half, further complicating Galatasaray’s efforts to mount a comeback.

Despite the setback, Osimhen urged his teammates to remain focused on their title ambitions. He emphasized that the squad must not dwell on the result and instead channel their energy into securing a victory in their next home fixture to officially clinch the championship. “We need to win at home and seal the league,” Osimhen stated, as reported by Fotomac. “Our performance wasn’t good enough, but nothing changes for us. We’ll learn from this and come back stronger.”

In his post-match remarks, Osimhen also apologized to the fans for the disappointing outcome, assuring them that the team would rebound. He stressed that the title race remains in their hands and that the squad is determined to bounce back with a convincing performance in their upcoming game.

Despite the loss, Osimhen has enjoyed a stellar season, amassing 20 goals and eight assists in 32 appearances across all competitions. The international forward’s contributions have been instrumental in Galatasaray’s push for the Super Lig crown, and he remains confident that the team can overcome this hurdle.

Posted on Leave a comment

Osimhen Explains Why Galatasaray Couldn’t Seal Super Lig Title Against Samsunspor

Osimhen Explains Why Galatasaray Couldn't Seal Super Lig Title Against Samsunspor

Victor Osimhen has opened up on the reasons behind Galatasaray’s failure to wrap up the Turkish Super Lig championship in their recent match against Samsunspor. The Nigerian striker acknowledged that his side did not perform at their best, which cost them the opportunity to clinch the title on Saturday.

Galatasaray entered the fixture knowing that a victory would secure back-to-back league titles. However, they suffered a heavy 4-1 defeat at the hands of Samsunspor, leaving their title celebrations on hold. Despite the setback, the Yellow and Reds remain in a strong position with 74 points, four clear of fierce rivals Fenerbahçe, and two games remaining in the season.

In his post-match comments, Osimhen admitted the team’s display was below par. “We knew it wouldn’t be straightforward to win the title here. We didn’t play well either. We’ll win our next match at home and officially become champions. We apologize to the fans. We’ll focus on the future,” he said, as reported by Fotomac.

Galatasaray’s path to the title remains straightforward: a win against Antalyaspor next weekend will be enough to confirm them as champions. Osimhen and his teammates are determined to make amends and deliver the trophy to their supporters.

Posted on Leave a comment

Rinsola Babajide and Shukurat Oladipo Clinch Serie A Femminile with Roma

Rinsola Babajide and Shukurat Oladipo Clinch Serie A Femminile with Roma

Rinsola Babajide and Shukurat Oladipo, two stars of the Super Falcons, have celebrated their inaugural trophy with AS Roma following a decisive victory over Ternana that secured the 2025/26 Serie A Femminile championship.

The winning goals came from midfielder Manuela Giugliano, who netted a brace for the Giallorosse. This marks Roma’s third league triumph, and their third in the last four campaigns.

The club now sets its sights on a domestic double, preparing to face Juventus in the Coppa Italia final scheduled for May 24.

Babajide has contributed three assists in nine league appearances this season, while Oladipo has been a regular presence, featuring in 16 league matches for the Rome-based side.

Posted on Leave a comment

Porto Secures Liga Title with Moffi and Sanusi

Porto Secures Liga Title with Moffi and Sanusi

Terem Moffi and Zaidu Sanusi have added the 2025/2026 Portuguese league championship to their accolades after FC Porto clinched the title. The victory was sealed with a narrow 1-0 win over Alverca at Estádio Do Dragão, as reported by DAILY POST.

Under the guidance of Francesco Fariolli, the Dragons ensured the league crown with two matches left in the season. This triumph marks Porto’s 31st league title, solidifying their position as Portugal’s second most decorated club, trailing only Benfica.

For Zaidu Sanusi, this is his second time celebrating the league title with Porto. Meanwhile, Terem Moffi, who joined the club on loan from OGC Nice in January, secured his first major silverware in his career.

Posted on Leave a comment

Victor Osimhen Calls for Focus After Galatasaray’s Heavy Defeat

Victor Osimhen Calls for Focus After Galatasaray's Heavy Defeat

Victor Osimhen has urged his Galatasaray teammates to move past their disappointing 4-1 loss to Samsunspor in the Turkish Super Lig. Speaking after Saturday’s match, the Nigerian striker emphasized the importance of maintaining composure and staying focused on the ultimate goal of winning the league title.

Osimhen, who assisted Yunus Akgün for Galatasaray’s only goal, stressed the need to treat the setback as a temporary stumble rather than a crisis. ‘We must not linger on this result. Keep pushing forward,’ he told Fotomac. ‘A home victory in the next fixture is essential to secure the championship. Our objectives haven’t shifted. The squad is fully committed to bouncing back.’

The 25-year-old has been a standout performer for the Istanbul giants this season, amassing 20 goals and 8 assists across 32 appearances. Despite the heavy defeat, Osimhen remains confident in the team’s ability to clinch the Super Lig title, urging everyone to concentrate on the upcoming home game.

Posted on Leave a comment

Manchester United vs Liverpool: High-Stakes Clash for Champions League Spot

Manchester United vs Liverpool: High-Stakes Clash for Champions League Spot

The season has been far from easy for Liverpool. The Premier League holders, who added several high-profile players during the summer, were widely expected to dominate again. Names like Alexander Isak, Florian Wirtz, Jeremie Frimpong, Hugo Ekitike, and Milos Kerkez joined the Anfield squad in an effort to retain the crown.

However, despite a promising start, the Reds head to Old Trafford on Sunday with a single objective: securing a place in next season’s Champions League. That’s all that remains at stake for either side.

Manchester United have been out of all cup competitions for some time and will finish the campaign with just 40 matches. For context, Arsenal have already played nearly 60 and could have six more. United’s form has been inconsistent under Ruben Amorim, but since Michael Carrick took over, they have been transformed.

A draw would be enough for United to claim a top-five finish and a Champions League berth. But this is a derby, and both teams are playing for pride and local bragging rights. More importantly, preparations for next season begin now.