Posted on Leave a comment

Declan Rice Looks Exhausted, Says Gabby Agbonlahor After Arsenal’s UCL Draw

Declan Rice Looks Exhausted, Says Gabby Agbonlahor After Arsenal's UCL Draw

Former Aston Villa captain Gabby Agbonlahor has expressed concerns over the fitness of Arsenal midfielder Declan Rice, suggesting the England international is showing clear signs of fatigue. Speaking on talkSPORT, Agbonlahor highlighted Rice’s visibly tired demeanor following Arsenal’s 1-1 stalemate with Atletico Madrid in the Champions League semi-final first leg on Wednesday.

The ex-footballer pointed to Arsenal’s grueling schedule as a key factor, noting that the club has already played 57 matches this season across all competitions. In contrast, Fulham—Arsenal’s upcoming Premier League opponent—has only taken the field 41 times. This disparity, Agbonlahor argued, could take a toll on Mikel Arteta’s squad, especially key players like Rice.

“When you watch Declan Rice, especially on Saturday, he looks shattered,” Agbonlahor said. He warned that the cumulative effect of such a heavy fixture list might impact Arsenal’s ability to compete on multiple fronts, as they still have a chance to win two trophies this season.

Posted on Leave a comment

Malawi U-20 Coach Announces Final Roster for Falconets Qualifier

Malawi U-20 Coach Announces Final Roster for Falconets Qualifier

Maggie Chombo, the head coach of Malawi’s U-20 women’s national team, has revealed the 20-player group that will compete against Nigeria’s Falconets in the 2026 FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup qualifiers.

The squad selected by Chombo features three goalkeepers, five defenders, eight midfielders, and four forwards.

The Young Scorchers are set to take on Nigeria in the opening leg this Saturday.

Malawi will host the return leg at Bingu National Stadium on Saturday, 9 May.

The team that prevails over the two legs will secure a spot at the Poland 2026 tournament.

A total of four nations from Africa will earn places in the biennial competition.

Posted on Leave a comment

Javier Tebas Welcomes Mourinho’s Potential Return to Real Madrid

Javier Tebas Welcomes Mourinho's Potential Return to Real Madrid

LaLiga president Javier Tebas has expressed his enthusiasm regarding the possibility of Jose Mourinho returning to manage Real Madrid. The Benfica boss has been heavily linked with the Santiago Bernabeu hot seat as the club looks to overhaul its squad and coaching staff ahead of the upcoming campaign.

Currently, former Real Madrid defender Alvaro Arbeloa is at the helm, but speculation suggests that Mourinho could be brought in to steer the ship. Tebas, in a recent statement, made it clear that he would be delighted to see the Portuguese tactician back in Spanish football.

“If that’s the decision Real Madrid and its leadership make, it will undoubtedly benefit the club. Mourinho is always a show, a spectacle, and that’s great for LaLiga,” Tebas remarked.

Mourinho, who previously managed Real Madrid from 2010 to 2013, has been plying his trade at Benfica in recent seasons. His potential return has sparked widespread discussion among fans and pundits alike, with many believing his experience and winning mentality could rejuvenate the Los Blancos setup.

As the rumors continue to swirl, all eyes remain on the Bernabeu to see whether the Special One will indeed make a dramatic comeback to the Spanish capital.

Posted on Leave a comment

Paul Merson’s Premier League Predictions: Man Utd vs Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal

Paul Merson's Premier League Predictions: Man Utd vs Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal

Former Arsenal midfielder Paul Merson has released his scoreline predictions for the upcoming Premier League matchday 35 fixtures, which include several marquee matchups. According to Sportskeeda, Merson’s forecasts span from high-scoring draws to comfortable home wins.

The analyst expects Arsenal to secure a solid 2-0 victory against Fulham at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday evening. He also foresees a thrilling encounter between Manchester United and Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday, predicting a 2-2 draw. In other major clashes, Chelsea is tipped to edge Nottingham Forest 2-1, while Everton and Manchester City are forecasted to share a 1-1 stalemate on Monday night.

Merson has backed Leeds United to beat Burnley 2-0 at home. His other predictions include Brentford 1-1 West Ham United, Wolves 1-0 Sunderland, Newcastle United 1-1 Brighton & Hove Albion, Bournemouth 3-0 Crystal Palace, and Aston Villa 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur. The full list of predictions offers a comprehensive outlook on the weekend’s action as the season enters its final stretch.

Posted on Leave a comment

PSG Lead UEFA Champions League Team of the Week with Four Stars

PSG Lead UEFA Champions League Team of the Week with Four Stars

Following the thrilling first-leg matches of the Champions League semi-finals, UEFA has unveiled its Team of the Week, with several standout performers earning recognition. Paris Saint-Germain dominates the lineup with four players, while Arsenal and Bayern Munich each contribute two representatives.

The selected squad reflects the action from Tuesday and Wednesday, including PSG’s high-scoring 5-4 victory over Bayern Munich and a tense 1-1 draw between Atletico Madrid and Arsenal. Among those honored are Vitinha, Joao Neves, Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, and Ousmane Dembele of PSG. Arsenal’s Gabriel and David Raya, along with Bayern’s Dayot Upamecano and Michael Olise, also made the cut. Atletico Madrid’s Antoine Griezmann and Marc Pubill round out the selection.

UEFA announced the lineup via its official website, highlighting the contributions of these players in the crucial semi-final first legs. The full team includes Antoine Griezmann, Ousmane Dembele, David Raya, Dayot Upamecano, Marc Pubill, Gabriel, Michael Olise, Vitinha, Joao Neves, Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, and Luis Diaz.

Posted on Leave a comment

FIFA Chief Gianni Infantino Affirms Iran’s Participation in 2026 World Cup

FIFA Chief Gianni Infantino Affirms Iran's Participation in 2026 World Cup

FIFA President Gianni Infantino has unequivocally declared that Iran will take part in the 2026 World Cup, despite the nation’s absence from the recent congress held in Vancouver. While speaking at the event, Infantino stressed the importance of unity, stating that Iran’s inclusion is a step toward bringing people together.

Earlier in the week, a three-member delegation from the Iranian Football Federation traveled to Toronto, but one individual was denied entry into Canada, and the remaining two opted out of attending the congress in what appeared to be a protest. Reports from Iranian media indicated that Mehdi Taj, the head of the federation, was refused entry at Toronto Pearson Airport, even though he had been granted authorization to travel. FIFA sources described the incident as a regrettable circumstance, noting that while Iran was invited, the final decision on entry rested with Canadian authorities.

During the roll-call of the 210 FIFA members present, Secretary General Mattias Grafström made no mention of Iran’s absence. The uncertainty surrounding Iran’s participation has lingered since the United States and Israel launched airstrikes on the Islamic Republic in February. Nevertheless, Infantino confirmed that Iran will fulfill their group stage matches against New Zealand, Belgium, and Egypt.

Infantino stated, “Allow me to make it clear from the outset that Iran will indeed compete in the 2026 FIFA World Cup. And they will certainly play in the United States. The reason is simple: we must come together and unite people. There are already enough divisions in the world; if no one works to bridge them, what will become of our society? We need to act, and this is our opportunity.”

Iran’s World Cup campaign is scheduled to begin on June 15 against New Zealand in Los Angeles. If both Iran and the United States finish second in their respective groups, they could meet in the round of 32, marking a rematch of their 2022 group stage encounter in Qatar. Iran is also slated to play matches in Seattle.

Despite Infantino’s confidence, concerns persist regarding immigration issues for the Iranian delegation this summer. US Secretary of State Marco Rubio recently stated that while Iranian players would be welcome, certain federation officials might encounter difficulties. “The issue with Iran revolves around specific individuals they wish to bring, some of whom have ties to the IRGC,” Rubio commented.

Mehdi Taj, a former commander in the IRGC, has been designated as a terrorist entity by Canada since 2024. Although the Canadian government had granted Taj a temporary resident permit to attend the congress, it appears the permit has been rescinded. Canada’s Foreign Affairs Minister Anita Anand confirmed, “My understanding is that the permission has been revoked.”

In a separate segment of his address, Infantino defended FIFA’s controversial ticket sales strategy amid widespread criticism over pricing. He revealed that the organization had received 500 million ticket requests, with 90% of available inventory sold. “We have satisfied 100% of the tickets released, which accounts for 90% of the global supply. While there are premium-priced tickets, affordable options are also available. All proceeds are reinvested into the sport,” Infantino said. He further noted that FIFA’s projected revenue for the 2023-26 cycle has increased to $14 billion (£10.3 billion), a 20% rise from the previous cycle.

Posted on Leave a comment

Davido Fires Back at T-Dot: ‘Why Your Papa No Hustle’

Davido Fires Back at T-Dot: 'Why Your Papa No Hustle'

In a heated exchange on social media, Nigerian music star Davido has thrown a sharp retort at singer T-Dot after being labeled a ‘daddy’s boy.’ The clash stems from an ongoing feud involving Davido, DJ Tunez, and Burna Boy, which has now drawn in T-Dot.

DJ Tunez, known for working with Wizkid, recently sparked controversy by reposting a photo of Wizkid in an outfit similar to one Davido wore, captioning it ‘Original, no be fake.’ Davido perceived this as a direct insult and fired back, mocking Tunez over a previous altercation with Burna Boy where Tunez was knocked down. Davido tweeted about Tunez being on the floor, taunting him.

T-Dot stepped in to defend DJ Tunez, arguing that Tunez was outnumbered and showed courage by punching Burna Boy’s associate. He then criticized Davido, claiming the singer has never stood on his own without his father’s wealth and security. ‘You never stood no where on this earth 10 toes down without your dad’s money, security, and your boys,’ T-Dot wrote.

Davido wasted no time in responding, dismissing the ‘daddy’s boy’ narrative as stale. He fired back, ‘Your daddy your daddy nah only thing Una know … why ur papa no hustle … shut up n slide for Tunez.’ He added that T-Dot’s frustration stems from inheriting his father’s lack of success, saying, ‘Na frustration you see inherit from your papa e reach to dey vex.’

The exchange highlights the ongoing tension in the Nigerian music scene, with fans and artists alike taking sides in the heated rivalry between Davido and Wizkid’s camps.

Posted on Leave a comment

Asake Opens Up About Hidden Talents and Lagos Influence

Asake Opens Up About Hidden Talents and Lagos Influence

Nigerian Afrobeat star Ahmed Ololade, better known as Asake, recently opened up about his journey in the music industry, expressing gratitude for his global recognition while acknowledging that many exceptionally gifted artists remain undiscovered. In a candid conversation with Spotify, the singer known for hits like ‘Sungba’ admitted that he is far from being the most talented musician out there. ‘I’m happy because there are a lot of people who make music out there and a lot of people who are more talented than me,’ he said. ‘I’m thankful to God that I’m able to use the talent He gave me—not only locally but also globally. So for that, I give all thanks to God.’

Speaking further, the ‘Organise’ crooner credited Lagos as the city that shaped his artistry and personal growth. Having moved to Lagos after graduating from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, the singer revealed that the bustling metropolis was instrumental in his transformation into adulthood. ‘Lagos taught me how to live like a man. Lagos inspired most of my songs,’ he stated. The artist emphasized how the city’s energy, struggles, and vibrancy have been a constant source of inspiration for his music.

Asake also reflected on the humble beginnings of his career, noting that he often wonders why other musicians with equal or greater talent have not received the same level of recognition. He described feeling humbled by his own success, attributing it to divine grace rather than personal merit. ‘There are many musicians far more talented than me but not heard,’ he added, underscoring a sense of solidarity with peers who remain in the shadows. The interview highlighted Asake’s down-to-earth personality and his ongoing commitment to honoring his roots while embracing his international platform.

Posted on Leave a comment

Goke Bajowa and Boye Best Resolve Copyright Dispute at Album Launch

Goke Bajowa and Boye Best Resolve Copyright Dispute at Album Launch

The long-standing copyright disagreement between gospel icon Goke Bajowa and fellow artist Boye Best has finally been laid to rest. The two music stars made peace during Boye Best’s album launch event held in Abeokuta, Ogun State, on Wednesday evening.

Just days earlier, Bajowa had publicly threatened legal action against Boye Best for allegedly using his classic track ‘Iwo Ko Lodami’ in promotional materials for the album launch without permission. The promo clips created the impression that Boye Best owned the song, which angered Bajowa.

In response, Boye Best took to Instagram to deny the allegations, explaining that a lounge manager had produced the promotional video without his knowledge or consent. He expressed regret over the misunderstanding.

However, in a now-viral Instagram video shared by Bajowa on Thursday, the two artists were seen performing together on stage during the album launch. In the clip, Bajowa embraced Boye Best and spoke warmly: “One love, one family. Boye is a good person. Many people have told me about him but I didn’t believe it. I think I will have to agree now with what I have seen in the last four days. God bless you. We will do a collaboration that people can stream and tidy up the paperwork.”

The event also drew several notable figures, including singers Alayo, KS1 Malaika, and 9ice, as well as actors Adeniyi Johnson, Mr Latin, and Dele Omo Woli. A video of the reconciliation moment has been circulating widely on social media, marking a positive end to the brief dispute.

Posted on Leave a comment

Tiwa Savage and Seyi Shay End Long-Standing Rift at Music Event

Tiwa Savage and Seyi Shay End Long-Standing Rift at Music Event

In a heartwarming turn of events, Nigerian music sensations Tiwa Savage and Seyi Shay have officially called a truce to their five-year disagreement. The reconciliation unfolded at the highly anticipated Berklee in Nigeria Class of 2026 Graduation Concert held in Lagos, marking a significant moment for fans who have followed the singers’ strained relationship.

This development arrives six months after Seyi Shay publicly expressed her willingness to settle differences with Tiwa during an earlier media appearance. The feud, which erupted in 2021, became widely known when the two artists clashed at a Lagos salon. Tiwa later revealed that the conflict originated from a diss track and allegations that she had deliberately impeded career opportunities for other female musicians.

Now, a viral clip shared on Thursday captures the duo embracing each other warmly, evoking strong reactions across social media platforms. The video shows the singers putting aside their past grievances, much to the delight of their followers. This gesture of unity took place amidst the celebration of musical talent at the graduation concert, symbolizing a fresh start for both stars.

The resolution of this feud highlights a growing trend of reconciliation in the Afrobeat community, where artists are increasingly focusing on collaboration over rivalry. Fans are hopeful that this new chapter will lead to future musical partnerships between Tiwa Savage and Seyi Shay.