Posted on Leave a comment

Jason Cundy tips Declan Rice as Arsenal’s next captain after Odegaard

Jason Cundy tips Declan Rice as Arsenal's next captain after Odegaard

Former Chelsea defender Jason Cundy has voiced his belief that Declan Rice is the ideal candidate to take over the captaincy at Arsenal should Martin Odegaard depart the club. Speaking on talkSPORT, Cundy praised the England international’s defensive prowess, calling him a ‘monster’ at the back. He highlighted Rice’s ability to carry the team forward with control and brilliance, adding that he expects Rice to become both England’s and Arsenal’s future captain.

Odegaard has been the subject of transfer speculation, with rumors suggesting he could leave the Emirates Stadium at the end of the season. However, it remains uncertain whether the Norwegian playmaker will actually move on. Cundy’s comments come amid ongoing discussions about Arsenal’s leadership group and the need for a strong captain to guide the team through challenging times.

Rice, who joined Arsenal from West Ham United, has quickly established himself as a key figure in Mikel Arteta’s squad. His consistent performances and leadership qualities have not gone unnoticed, with many pundits and fans alike touting him as a future captain. Cundy’s endorsement adds weight to the growing consensus that Rice is ready to take on more responsibility at both club and international levels.

Posted on Leave a comment

Thierry Henry Warns Arteta: Trophy Drought Will Force Board to Ask Tough Questions

Thierry Henry Warns Arteta: Trophy Drought Will Force Board to Ask Tough Questions

Arsenal icon Thierry Henry has cautioned manager Mikel Arteta that failure to secure silverware this season will inevitably lead to difficult conversations with the club’s hierarchy. The Gunners are currently fighting on two fronts, chasing both the Premier League title and Champions League glory.

As things stand, Arteta’s men sit three points clear at the summit of the Premier League, although Manchester City have a game in hand that could close the gap. Arsenal also have a crucial Champions League semi-final second leg against Atletico Madrid on Tuesday, where a place in the final is at stake.

The north London side’s last taste of a major trophy came in 2020, when they defeated Chelsea in the FA Cup final under Arteta. Since then, despite significant investment and improved performances, the trophy cabinet has remained bare.

Speaking on CBS Sports, Henry did not mince his words. He stated that after several years of heavy spending and building what many consider the strongest squad in the league, the manager must deliver. ‘The board is going to have to decide what they are going to do with Mikel Arteta,’ Henry said. ‘At some point, after all these years and the money spent to have two strong teams, everyone has said Arsenal have the best squad this season. Eventually, you will have to answer questions if you don’t win. It’s only natural after such a long period.’

Henry added that while fans support the direction the club is heading, if the end product is missing, Arteta will have to face the music. ‘It’s all good and we’re all backing Arteta as Arsenal supporters, but if it doesn’t happen, like I’ve always said, you’re going to have to answer some questions that the board will ask you.’

Posted on Leave a comment

Declan Rice Faces Potential UEFA Sanction Ahead of Arsenal vs Atletico Second Leg

Declan Rice Faces Potential UEFA Sanction Ahead of Arsenal vs Atletico Second Leg

Arsenal midfielder Declan Rice could be hit with a UEFA suspension after his critical remarks about the refereeing in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final against Atletico Madrid. The Gunners drew 1-1 at the Metropolitano, a result that left Rice frustrated with the officiating.

The England international openly questioned several decisions made by referee Danny Makkelie, particularly the reversal of a penalty awarded to Arsenal’s Eberechi Eze. Rice suggested that the intense atmosphere in Madrid may have influenced the officials to overturn the call. Manager Mikel Arteta echoed that sentiment, stating the decision “changes the direction of the match and the tie.”

According to The Times, UEFA is now reviewing Rice’s comments to determine if they impugn the integrity of the match officials. While he is expected to be eligible for the return leg at the Emirates on Tuesday, any subsequent disciplinary action could see him sidelined for the final, should Arsenal advance.

The situation adds tension to an already high-stakes encounter, as Arsenal aim to overturn the away goal deficit and secure a spot in the Champions League final. Rice’s availability could be crucial for Arteta’s side in their quest for European glory.

Posted on Leave a comment

EPL: Iwobi Injury Forces Fulham Star Out of Arsenal Clash

EPL: Iwobi Injury Forces Fulham Star Out of Arsenal Clash

Fulham’s preparations for the London derby against Arsenal have taken a hit, with Alex Iwobi ruled out due to injury, as confirmed by manager Marco Silva. The Nigerian international has been sidelined with a hamstring issue he sustained during the goalless draw against Brentford a fortnight ago.

Iwobi, who has been a key figure for the Whites this season, missing the 1-0 victory over Aston Villa at Craven Cottage last weekend. Silva addressed the media ahead of the trip to the Emirates, stating, “Alex (Iwobi) is out still, plus Kevin.” The versatile midfielder, who previously played for Arsenal, will not face his former club.

This season, the 29-year-old has contributed four goals and three assists in 27 Premier League appearances for Fulham. His absence could be a significant blow as Fulham aim to secure a positive result in North London.

Posted on Leave a comment

Nollywood Star Bimbo Ademoye Stands Firm Against Area Boys’ Demands on Set

Nollywood Star Bimbo Ademoye Stands Firm Against Area Boys' Demands on Set

A tense confrontation unfolded on a movie set when a group of area boys stormed the location of Nollywood actress Bimbo Ademoye, demanding payment for filming in their territory. The incident, which quickly went viral, shows the actress maintaining her composure while firmly rejecting their aggressive approach.

In the video shared on X by user Usmanashafe, Ademoye is seen addressing the men directly. She expressed her willingness to support them financially but on her own terms, criticizing their entitled attitude. ‘I am a street girl, let me tell you. Ask around when it comes to matters of the street, I like settling boys. But you don’t come to me and start telling me the amount to give. Yes, you came to beg, and you’re even being proud of it,’ she stated.

The situation escalated when one of the men threatened to turn off her camera. Ademoye responded with a sharp retort, dismissing the threat by referencing the camera’s value. ‘Camera that nobody in your generation has,’ she replied, effectively shutting down the intimidation attempt.

Despite the pressure, Ademoye remained steadfast, asserting her authority and refusing to be bullied into compliance. The video has sparked discussions online about the treatment of celebrities and the culture of ‘settlement’ in Nigerian communities.

Posted on Leave a comment

Nollywood Stars Lateef & Adebimpe Adedimeji Announce Arrival of Triplets

Nollywood Stars Lateef & Adebimpe Adedimeji Announce Arrival of Triplets

Nigerian actor and filmmaker Lateef Adedimeji and his wife, Adebimpe Adedimeji, have joyfully welcomed triplets into their family. The couple shared the exciting news on May 1, 2026, via a video on Lateef’s Instagram page.

In his announcement, Lateef explained his recent quietness, revealing he had been focusing on building and protecting his growing family. He expressed profound gratitude, stating that God granted him more than he asked for—a wife who became a mother to three children and three sons he calls his own. He signed off with ‘Alhamdulilah!’

The post was met with an outpouring of congratulations from fans, colleagues, and friends on Instagram. Lateef and Adebimpe, both accomplished in the film industry, tied the knot on December 18, 2021. Adebimpe hails from Ijero-Ekiti in Ekiti State, while Lateef is from Abeokuta in Ogun State.

Posted on Leave a comment

Paul Scholes: Martin Odegaard is a Major Weakness for Arsenal

Paul Scholes: Martin Odegaard is a Major Weakness for Arsenal

Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes has leveled sharp criticism at Arsenal captain Martin Odegaard, suggesting the Norwegian playmaker has become a significant liability for the Gunners. Speaking during a recent episode of The Overlap Fan Debate, Scholes pointed to Odegaard’s positional discipline as a key area of concern.

Despite expressing admiration for Odegaard’s technical ability, Scholes argued that the 25-year-old frequently fails to fulfill his designated role on the pitch. He noted that during the first half-hour of Arsenal’s clash with Newcastle United—a match he partially watched—Odegaard often dropped too deep, virtually acting as the deepest outfield player at times.

Scholes remarked that this tendency disrupts Arsenal’s overall structure, leaving gaps in the final third and hindering the team’s attacking flow. While acknowledging Odegaard’s creativity and ball skills, the United legend stressed that such positional lapses are a recurring issue that undermines the team’s balance.

Odegaard, who has been a key figure for Mikel Arteta’s side, has faced scrutiny this season due to inconsistent performances. Scholes’ comments add to the growing debate about the Arsenal captain’s effectiveness in high-stakes matches. The criticism comes at a time when Arsenal are pushing for silverware, and any perceived weakness could be exploited by top opponents.

Posted on Leave a comment

UCL Top Scorers Update: Mbappe Leads After Semifinal First Legs

UCL Top Scorers Update: Mbappe Leads After Semifinal First Legs

Following this week’s Champions League semifinal first leg matches, the race for the Golden Boot has a new leader. Real Madrid’s Kylian Mbappe now sits at the top of the scoring charts, distancing himself from the competition.

The French forward has netted 15 goals so far, giving him a two-goal cushion over his closest rival, Bayern Munich’s Harry Kane, who has 13 strikes to his name. Kane found the back of the net in Bayern’s thrilling 5-4 loss to Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday, but it wasn’t enough to close the gap.

Behind the leading duo, a trio of players share third place with 10 goals each: Atletico Madrid’s Julian Alvarez, Newcastle’s Anthony Gordon, and PSG’s Khvicha Kvaratskhelia. All three have been in fine form throughout the tournament.

Kane will have another chance to chip away at Mbappe’s lead when Bayern Munich travels to face PSG in the second leg next week. The England captain will be eager to add to his tally and potentially overtake the Real Madrid star.

The full list of the 2025/26 Champions League top scorers is as follows: Kylian Mbappe leads with 15 goals, followed by Harry Kane with 13, and then Julian Alvarez, Anthony Gordon, and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia tied at 10 goals each.

Posted on Leave a comment

Campos FC’s Chibueze Optimistic About President Federation Cup Success

Campos FC's Chibueze Optimistic About President Federation Cup Success

Gaptus Chibueze, the head coach of Campos FC, has expressed strong faith in his squad’s ability to make a significant impact in the 2026 President Federation Cup. Coming from an impressive victory over Nigeria National League side Heartland, the Owerri-based club has secured a spot in the tournament finals.

Speaking with Dica Stories, Chibueze emphasized his team’s preparedness. “My boys are capable of anything. We are both physically and mentally ready for the challenge ahead. We don’t fear any opponent because we have already proven ourselves against Heartland, and we can do it again,” he stated confidently.

The coach also revealed his ambition to emulate the performance of Abakaliki FC, who finished as runners-up in last year’s edition of the competition. “Our goal is to follow in the footsteps of Abakaliki FC and achieve something special in this tournament,” Chibueze added.

Campos FC’s journey to the final stage has been marked by determination and resilience, and Chibueze believes his side has what it takes to compete at the highest level. With the team’s morale high and preparations complete, they are set to take on the national challenge with confidence.

Posted on Leave a comment

Ola Aina Urges Forest Fans to Intensify Support Before Villa Clash

Ola Aina Urges Forest Fans to Intensify Support Before Villa Clash

Ola Aina has made a passionate plea to Nottingham Forest supporters, asking them to raise the volume at the City Ground as the team prepares for their Europa League semi-final first leg against Aston Villa. The full-back emphasized the crucial role the fans play in driving the squad forward, especially in high-stakes European nights.

Under manager Vítor Pereira, Forest are aiming to secure a commanding lead in the first leg to ease pressure ahead of the return fixture. Aina stressed that the energy from the stands could be the difference-maker, urging the crowd to maintain intensity throughout the match.

Speaking to the club’s official website, Aina stated, “They’ll help us a lot, we need them to crank it up for us and we need to hear them throughout the whole game because they do drive us forward a lot.” The Nigerian international highlighted the symbiotic relationship between players and supporters, especially in knockout competitions.

Nottingham Forest, who last lifted a European trophy in 1980, are eager to replicate that glory. The semi-final clash against fellow Premier League outfit Aston Villa promises to be a thrilling encounter, with both sides vying for a spot in the final. Aina’s call to action sets the tone for an electric atmosphere at the City Ground on Thursday evening.