Posted on Leave a comment

Iker Casillas Opposes Mourinho’s Real Madrid Return

Iker Casillas Opposes Mourinho's Real Madrid Return

Iker Casillas, the legendary former goalkeeper for Real Madrid, has publicly expressed his disapproval of Jose Mourinho potentially returning to manage the club. In a recent statement on social media, Casillas made it clear that while he respects Mourinho as a coach, he does not believe the Portuguese manager is the right choice for the team’s future.

The Spanish football icon took to X on Tuesday to share his thoughts. He acknowledged Mourinho’s professionalism but emphasized that there are other coaches who would be better suited to lead the club he loves. Casillas wrote, ‘I have no issue with Mourinho. I consider him a top professional. However, I don’t see him returning to Real Madrid. I believe other managers are more capable of coaching the club of my life. This is purely my personal opinion, nothing more.’

This comes amid rumors that Real Madrid are in talks with Benfica to release Mourinho from his contract. The 63-year-old coach previously managed Los Blancos from 2010 to 2013, winning the La Liga title in 2012. Despite his past success, Casillas, who was a key player during Mourinho’s tenure, seems to believe that a different direction is needed for the team’s future.

Posted on Leave a comment

Kano Pillars’ Relegation Fears Unfounded, Says Babaganaru

Kano Pillars’ Relegation Fears Unfounded, Says Babaganaru

Kano Pillars’ technical adviser, Mohammed Babaganaru, has confidently stated that the club will not be relegated from the Nigerian Premier Football League this season. The four-time champions currently occupy 10th spot in the standings after a narrow 1-0 victory over Warri Wolves in their latest fixture.

Despite their recent win, the Kano-based team is not completely safe from the drop. A defeat in their final match could see them slip into the relegation zone. Pillars are set to face Plateau United at the New Jos Stadium, a crucial encounter for both sides as they battle to retain their top-flight status.

Babaganaru expressed optimism, saying, “We remain focused, determined, and confident of avoiding relegation in the season’s last game. Our fans should stay calm, keep praying, and continue to believe in us. God will see us through.”

He urged supporters to rally behind the team as they head into the decisive clash against Plateau United.

Posted on Leave a comment

Gavi to Vinicius: ‘Shut Up and Play’ After Taunting Him Over Ballon d’Or Snub

Gavi to Vinicius: 'Shut Up and Play' After Taunting Him Over Ballon d'Or Snub

During Sunday’s thrilling El Clásico, Barcelona’s young midfielder Gavi reportedly aimed a sharp verbal jab at Real Madrid forward Vinicius Junior, referencing the Brazilian’s failure to win the Ballon d’Or in 2024. According to footage circulating on social media, Gavi approached Vinicius and said, ‘Where’s your Ballon d’Or?’ to which Vinicius responded, ‘What do you want, mate? I’m keeping my cool.’ Gavi then retorted, ‘Shut up and play, man, stop playing the fool.’ The exchange occurred during a heated moment in the game that Barcelona eventually won 2–0, securing the La Liga title at Camp Nou. Gavi later clarified he doesn’t take such incidents personally, emphasizing that whatever happens on the pitch stays there. Vinicius, who has 21 goals and 14 assists this season, has endured a challenging campaign with Real Madrid, which saw two managerial changes and internal conflicts. The Ballon d’Or snub, where Rodri beat him to the award, has been a sore spot especially after Real Madrid and Vinicius boycotted the ceremony.

Posted on Leave a comment

Casemiro Picks Gareth Bale as the Ultimate All-Round Player After Ronaldo

Casemiro Picks Gareth Bale as the Ultimate All-Round Player After Ronaldo

Manchester United midfielder Casemiro has singled out Gareth Bale as the most well-rounded footballer he has ever played with, second only to Cristiano Ronaldo. The Brazilian made this known during his recent chat on the Rio Ferdinand Presents podcast.

According to Casemiro, Ronaldo operates on a different plane altogether, so he should be excluded from the discussion. When asked to name the next best complete player, the 34-year-old didn’t hesitate to mention the former Wales star.

Casemiro highlighted Bale’s exceptional speed and physical strength during his prime years. He also praised the winger’s ability to contribute in all phases of the game, from attacking to defending, and even noted his prowess in the air.

“Cristiano is from another world. Let’s take Ronaldo out of the conversation,” Casemiro said. “Gareth Bale is the best and most complete. He attacks, defends, and scores headers. He is so quick, strong and unbelievable.”

The Brazilian and Bale were teammates at Real Madrid, where they won multiple Champions League titles together. Casemiro’s admiration for Bale’s versatility and skill set is clear, underscoring the Welshman’s legacy as one of the game’s finest.

Posted on Leave a comment

Nasarawa United Coach Vows to Finish NPFL Season on a High Note

Nasarawa United Coach Vows to Finish NPFL Season on a High Note

Nasarawa United’s technical adviser, Mbwas Mangut, has assured fans that the team will deliver a strong performance in their season finale, despite having no chance of qualifying for continental competitions. The club, known as the Solid Miners, currently sits in fifth place on the NPFL standings with 56 points. Their final match is against Barau FC at the Sani Abacha Stadium in Kano, a fixture that will be played purely for pride.

Reflecting on his team’s recent form, Mangut expressed satisfaction with the progress his players have made since their earlier encounter with Plateau United. He acknowledged that the match was challenging, but praised his squad’s improvement. “I am pleased with the way my players have developed since the first-leg match. Although Plateau United gave us a tough fight, it was a great contest,” Mangut said in a statement released by the club’s media department. “We will continue to fight hard until the very end of the league campaign.”

The coach’s comments come after Nasarawa United missed out on a continental ticket, leaving them with nothing but reputation to play for in their last game. Nevertheless, Mangut remains determined to end the season positively, emphasizing the importance of finishing strongly. The team’s position in the table reflects a solid campaign, but the technical adviser believes there is still room to impress.

Posted on Leave a comment

‘They must stay focused’: Ogunbote backs Plateau United against relegation

'They must stay focused': Ogunbote backs Plateau United against relegation

Gbenga Ogunbote, the technical adviser for Plateau United, has stressed the need for his squad to keep their eyes on the prize as they battle to avoid relegation from the NPFL. The Peace Boys suffered a critical 1-0 loss to Nasarawa United at the Lafia City Stadium, a result that complicates their survival hopes with only one game remaining in the season.

In their final fixture, Plateau United will host Kano Pillars in Jos in a must-win match. Ogunbote acknowledged the setback but remains confident in the team’s ability to stay up. “Sometimes you aim high but things don’t go as planned. That was the case against Nasarawa United,” Ogunbote told the club’s media. “It is a major blow, but we must get back to work and secure our top-flight status. Everyone has an equal chance on the last day, so we need to reassess our approach and fight.”

For Ogunbote, the message is clear: the team must do all they can to avoid the drop. “We have to give our best. The situation is tough, but I believe we can escape,” he added. Victory against Kano Pillars is essential for Plateau United to guarantee their place in the NPFL next season.

Posted on Leave a comment

Real Madrid Enter Race for Nigerian Teenager Zadok Yohanna

Real Madrid Enter Race for Nigerian Teenager Zadok Yohanna

La Liga powerhouse Real Madrid has become the latest elite club to express interest in Nigerian teenage sensation Zadok Yohanna, sources close to the player confirm.

The 18-year-old winger has been turning heads in Sweden’s Allsvenskan while playing for AIK. In just seven league appearances this season under coach José Riveiro, the young star has already contributed two goals and three assists.

Several clubs from the Bundesliga and Premier League are also reportedly monitoring the Nigerian’s progress, making the race for his signature increasingly competitive.

AIK is expected to demand a record-breaking transfer fee for Zadok, who joined the Swedish side in 2025 from Nigeria’s Ikon Allah Football Academy. The club is aware of the growing interest and is preparing for a potential bidding war.

Posted on Leave a comment

Renowned Nollywood Actor Alex Ekubo Passes Away at 39

Renowned Nollywood Actor Alex Ekubo Passes Away at 39

The Nigerian film industry is in mourning following the death of popular actor Alex Ekubo. The 39-year-old star, known for his roles in numerous Nollywood productions, died on Tuesday afternoon after a battle with kidney cancer, according to sources close to the family.

A close associate, who requested anonymity, revealed that Ekubo was rushed to a hospital on Monday after his condition deteriorated. He had been receiving treatment for the disease in recent months but unfortunately succumbed to it. The actor spent his final hours on life support before passing away.

Rumors about Ekubo’s health had circulated in May 2025 following his prolonged absence from social media. His last post on Instagram was on December 30, 2024, which had sparked concern among fans and colleagues. At the time, fellow actor Stanley had assured the public that Ekubo was recovering, but the situation took a tragic turn.

Ekubo’s death has sent shockwaves through the entertainment community, with many taking to social media to express their grief and pay tribute. He is remembered as a talented performer who brought joy to audiences across Africa and beyond.

Posted on Leave a comment

Funke Akindele Mourns Nollywood Actor Alex Ekubo’s Death

Funke Akindele Mourns Nollywood Actor Alex Ekubo's Death

Nollywood star Funke Akindele has expressed her grief over the passing of fellow actor Alex Ekubo, sharing her sorrow in a heartfelt tribute. The actress and filmmaker took to social media to mourn her colleague, who died after a battle with liver cancer.

Reports indicate that Ekubo was admitted to a hospital on Monday and placed on life support before succumbing to his illness on Tuesday afternoon. His death has sent shockwaves through the Nigerian entertainment industry.

In an emotional Instagram post, Akindele wrote: “Hmmmmm. Rest in peace, Alex. I really tried to reach out to see you one more time, but I guess you knew best. May your kind soul rest in peace, Alex. Ore mi, as you fondly called me, I will always remember and cherish the good times we shared together. REST IN PEACE, ALEX.”

Her tribute highlights the deep bond they shared, referring to a mutual nickname that underscored their friendship. The post has since garnered widespread reactions from fans and colleagues, all paying their respects to the late actor.

Posted on Leave a comment

Stage 4 Liver Cancer Claimed Nollywood Star Alex Ekubo

The Nigerian film industry and fans worldwide are mourning the loss of beloved actor Alex Ekubo, as new details regarding his passing have come to light. Reports that initially stunned colleagues and supporters have now been clarified by a close associate.

Filmmaker Stanley Ontop, a known confidant of the late star, disclosed that Ekubo had been privately battling stage 4 liver cancer since 2024. In a social media post shared Tuesday evening, Ontop explained that the actor underwent a liver transplant and briefly returned to work. However, complications emerged when the transplanted liver failed, leading to a rapid decline in his health.

Ontop urged the public to avoid spreading unverified rumors and to respect the family’s privacy during this difficult time. He stated, “Alex was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer in 2024. After treatment and a transplant, he briefly resumed acting. Sadly, the liver failed again, complications arose, and his condition worsened until he passed away. His body has been placed in a morgue. May his soul rest in peace.”

The revelation has prompted an outpouring of tributes from industry figures and fans, who remember Ekubo for his vibrant performances and warm personality. The cause of death, now confirmed, puts an end to speculation and highlights the actor’s courageous private battle.