Posted on Leave a comment

Chelsea’s Joao Pedro Reveals the Most Challenging Defender He Has Faced This Season

Chelsea's Joao Pedro Reveals the Most Challenging Defender He Has Faced This Season

Chelsea forward Joao Pedro has singled out Arsenal’s Gabriel Magalhaes as the toughest defender he has encountered during the current campaign. The Brazilian international, who also plays alongside Gabriel for his national side, shared his thoughts in an interview with TNT Sports Brasil.

Pedro acknowledged that he was taken aback by Gabriel’s exceptional pace on the pitch, though he noted that he also gave the Arsenal center-back a tough time. He listed Paris Saint-Germain’s Willian Pacho and Bayer Leverkusen’s Jonathan Tah among his top three most formidable opponents, but ultimately placed Gabriel at the summit.

“The toughest defender to play against this season? Willian Pacho and Jonathan Tah are up there, but Gabriel Magalhaes was the most difficult in my opinion,” Pedro said. “I was surprised by his speed, but I made it hard for him too! He’s been really inspired this season.”

Pedro also highlighted the strong bond he shares with Gabriel, expressing relief that they are on the same side for the upcoming World Cup. “We have a great relationship. I am happy he is on my side in the World Cup,” he added.

Posted on Leave a comment

Umar Sadiq Reflects on Valencia’s Vital Victory Over Athletic Bilbao

Umar Sadiq Reflects on Valencia's Vital Victory Over Athletic Bilbao

Umar Sadiq has shared his thoughts following Valencia’s narrow 1-0 triumph against Athletic Bilbao at San Mamés on Sunday. The Nigerian striker, who entered the game as a substitute, netted the winning goal with just 18 minutes left on the clock.

This strike marks Sadiq’s third goal in his last four LaLiga appearances under manager Carlos Corberán. Speaking about the decisive moment, the 29-year-old emphasized the collective effort over individual glory. “It was the first ball I touched, but the most important thing is the team, that we work together,” he stated, as quoted on Valencia’s official website.

The forward highlighted the significance of securing three points in such a challenging venue. “Winning here is very important, in a difficult stadium. We all knew that. We are very happy,” Sadiq added.

Sadiq joined Valencia from Real Sociedad in the January transfer window. Since his arrival, he has contributed four goals and two assists in 14 league matches for Los Che.

Posted on Leave a comment

Obinna Uzoho Praises Kun Khalifat FC After Vital Away Win

Obinna Uzoho Praises Kun Khalifat FC After Vital Away Win

Obinna Uzoho, the head coach of Kun Khalifat FC, was full of praise for his squad following their impressive away victory over Abia Warriors. The Owerri-based side secured a comfortable 2-0 win in Umuahia, a result that lifted them out of the relegation zone in the Nigeria Premier Football League (NPFL).

Uzoho commended his players for their unwavering focus and determination, which proved crucial in overcoming a tough Abia Warriors side on their home turf. “I am extremely pleased with how the boys performed,” Uzoho told reporters. “This win is a testament to their hard work and commitment. We will not relent in our fight to stay up; we will keep pushing until the very end. The players are united in this cause, and we are working together as a collective.”

The victory propelled Kun Khalifat FC to 14th place in the league standings, accumulating 46 points so far this season. The result marks a significant step in their battle against relegation, providing a much-needed morale boost for the team.

Posted on Leave a comment

Flamingos Set Up Camp in Ikenne for Guinea Battle

Flamingos Set Up Camp in Ikenne for Guinea Battle

Nigeria’s U-17 women’s national team, the Flamingos, have relocated to Ikenne, Ogun State, as they step up their final preparations for the upcoming World Cup qualifier against Guinea, as confirmed by DAILY POST.

The team had earlier undergone a month-long training camp in Abuja, where they honed their skills and built team cohesion. During this first phase, the Flamingos played five friendly matches under the guidance of head coach Akeem Busari. Their performance was impressive, with four victories and a single draw.

The two-legged showdown for a spot in the 2026 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup is set. Guinea will host the first leg on May 24 in Conakry. The decisive second leg will take place a week later at the Remo Stars Stadium in Ikenne.

The ultimate prize is a place in the World Cup, which will be held in Morocco from October 17 to November 7, 2026. The winner of this tie will secure their ticket to the global tournament.

Posted on Leave a comment

Joe Cole Tips Chelsea to Sign Stones, Henderson, Lewandowski and Reappoint Mourinho

Joe Cole Tips Chelsea to Sign Stones, Henderson, Lewandowski and Reappoint Mourinho

Former Chelsea star Joe Cole has shared his thoughts on how the club should approach the upcoming summer transfer window, recommending three specific players and a managerial change to restore the team to its former glory.

In an interview with The Sun, Cole suggested that Chelsea should target Manchester City defender John Stones, Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson, and Barcelona striker Robert Lewandowski to strengthen their squad. He also urged the Blues to consider bringing back Jose Mourinho as head coach to lead the rebuild.

According to Cole, the best realistic move for Chelsea is to appoint Mourinho. He believes the club should give the Portuguese manager a long-term contract and allow him to take full control of the restructuring process, with the understanding that it will be a transitional period requiring patience from both players and fans.

Cole emphasized that these signings would address key areas: Stones for defensive stability, Henderson for midfield leadership, and Lewandowski for a proven goalscoring presence up front. He noted that Lewandowski is approaching the end of his contract, making him a viable target.

Posted on Leave a comment

Sam Amadi Explains Why Fubara Couldn’t Win Rivers Political Feud with Wike

Sam Amadi Explains Why Fubara Couldn't Win Rivers Political Feud with Wike

Sam Amadi, the former Chairman of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC), has offered a blunt assessment of Governor Siminalayi Fubara’s political standing in Rivers State. According to Amadi, the governor lacked the necessary political clout to overcome his main opponent, Minister of the Federal Capital Territory Nyesom Wike.

Amadi shared his views on Monday via a post on X, shortly after the All Progressives Congress (APC) screening committee disqualified all 32 aspirants reportedly aligned with Fubara for the upcoming 2027 Rivers State House of Assembly elections. In contrast, the committee cleared 29 incumbent lawmakers loyal to Wike, including Deputy Speaker Dumle Maol, to participate in the party’s primaries.

“Sad. Fubara should have known he had no leverage. What his opponent does in the political economy of election rigging he cannot do,” Amadi wrote. He added, “Sometimes it is good to fight even if you cannot win. Fighting as a dignified person is enough reward.”

The development comes as Fubara appeared before the APC governorship screening committee at the Plateau State Governors’ Lodge in Abuja on Sunday. When approached by reporters after the exercise, the Rivers governor declined to comment, simply saying “No comment” before departing.

Posted on Leave a comment

Don Jazzy: Co-Living Sparked Afrobeats’ Greatest Hits

Don Jazzy: Co-Living Sparked Afrobeats' Greatest Hits

Veteran Nigerian music producer Michael Collins Ajereh, widely known as Don Jazzy, believes that the golden era of Afrobeats was fueled by artists and producers sharing living spaces in label-owned houses equipped with studios. He shared this reflection during a recent appearance on the Crea8torium podcast.

Don Jazzy recounted how a mundane disagreement at the Mo’Hits mansion unexpectedly gave birth to D’Banj’s hit D’Banj – Olorun Maje. According to him, manager Sunday Are complained that D’Prince was skipping radio interviews. When Don Jazzy, busy in the studio, told him to take the matter to D’Banj, D’Banj scolded D’Prince. Moments later, D’Prince returned to the studio, pretending to clean equipment, and began singing the now-famous lines: ‘Some people they want make I cry, some people they want make I die, why? Olorun Maje oooo.’ The lyrics synced perfectly with the beat Don Jazzy was crafting, and the song was born on the spot.

Similarly, Dr Sid’s hit Dr Sid – You Bad, You Want It originated when he casually walked into the studio and started freestyling to a beat Don Jazzy was working on. These spontaneous collaborations, Don Jazzy argued, were a direct result of the communal living arrangement.

The music mogul acknowledged that the current music-making process differs from that era, though he personally still approaches production by creating beats with a specific artist in mind. He urged today’s creatives to spend more time together to foster synergy between their crafts.

Posted on Leave a comment

Wizkid’s DJ Tunez Slams Burna Boy’s Music as ‘Rubbish’ in Viral Video

Wizkid’s DJ Tunez Slams Burna Boy’s Music as ‘Rubbish’ in Viral Video

Disc jockey Tunez, known for his close association with Wizkid, recently made headlines after publicly trashing the music of Afrobeats star Burna Boy. The incident, which took place during a club performance in London, has added fuel to an ongoing feud between the two camps.

During his set, Tunez played Burna Boy’s hit track ‘Last Last’ but abruptly cut off the vocals. He then proceeded to label the song as “rubbish,” shocking the crowd. The moment was captured on video and quickly spread across social media, drawing mixed reactions.

The public insult follows a physical altercation that occurred weeks earlier at a Lagos nightclub called Obi’s House, where Burna Boy and his entourage allegedly assaulted Tunez. As a result, the Disc Jockeys Association of Nigeria imposed a temporary suspension on Burna Boy pending investigation into the incident.

Now, Tunez’s latest remarks have reignited tensions, with many online users criticizing him for escalating the conflict and warning that Burna Boy might retaliate. Others, however, supported Tunez’s right to express his opinion.

The video of Tunez’s outburst continues to circulate, prompting debates about the state of the ongoing beef between the two prominent Nigerian music figures.

Posted on Leave a comment

Ilebaye’s Father Says He Must Book Appointment to See Her After Fame

Ilebaye’s Father Says He Must Book Appointment to See Her After Fame

Emmanuel Odiniya, the father of Ilebaye, the winner of the Big Brother Naija All Stars season, has shared details about the strained relationship with his daughter following her rise to stardom. In an emotional discussion held in Abuja, he disclosed that their once close bond has deteriorated significantly.

According to him, Ilebaye now requires him to schedule a formal meeting if he wants to see her. He expressed that the connection they used to share has changed after her success in the entertainment world. “I had to book an appointment just to get a chance to see her. Nothing is the same between us anymore,” he revealed.

The situation gained public attention after a video spread online showing Ilebaye crying, which triggered widespread reactions on social media. In response, law enforcement stepped in to address the matter.

Fans have expressed worry about the ongoing family conflict. Fellow reality TV star Tacha Akide also voiced her concerns, urging others to intervene after Ilebaye’s emotional livestream caught everyone’s eye. “Ilebaye’s face looks ruined,” Tacha said, as cited by Vanguard.

Posted on Leave a comment

Frank Edoho Says He Will Never Commit to Another Woman

Frank Edoho Says He Will Never Commit to Another Woman

Renowned Nigerian television personality Frank Edoho, best known for hosting ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire’, has declared that he will never enter into a committed relationship with a woman again. The media figure made this assertion in response to an online query regarding his marital status.

Edoho ignited widespread discussion on social media platforms after posting his views on infidelity and forgiveness within marriage. He cautioned men against forgiving unfaithful wives, claiming that such forgiveness often leads to continued cheating and deep disrespect from the spouse.

A user identified as @Wagon1011 directly asked Edoho if he was single. In his reply, the broadcaster confirmed that he has remained single ever since his second marriage ended. He stated emphatically, “I’ve had my fill. Never getting tied down again. Never.”

It is worth noting that Edoho announced the dissolution of his second marriage to Sandra Onyenucheya in June 2025. Earlier, he was married to broadcaster Katherine Obiang in 2003, a union that lasted seven years before concluding in 2010. Following these experiences, Edoho has resolved to avoid long-term romantic commitments.